Christmas reminds us that God values relationships.
- We have life because God desires a relationship with His people. God so loved the world that He gave His Son to be our Savior.
- We enjoy life as we live in this relationship, so we sing, “Joy to the world, the Lord has come.” Joy only comes with Jesus.
- We share life as we live in relationship with one another. The Lord intends that we live in relationship with Him, and in relationship with one another.
Once a year HOKSBA hosts the pastors, staff and spouses of churches from across our association for the Christmas Banquet at Metropolitan Baptist Church. It is a night of fun and fellowship where these who serve and give themselves away throughout the year are honored and served.
Once again this year, my heart was full as I watched God’s chosen servants enjoy relationships with one another.
As we near the end of the year, it is a good time to evaluate tasks accomplished and goals achieved. But most important by Jesus standard is loving God and loving others.
In the business of the season, don’t miss what matters most.
Highlights of the Pastor’s Christmas Banquet this year:
- Abraham’s apology for no Christmas Greeting on our red cups.
- Beautiful singing & carols led by Keith Kelley & the Kelley Family Singers.
- Cedar Pointe walking away with most of the door prizes… again.
- The reminder that (Immanuel) God is with us, even in hard times.
- And good food shared with good friends.
“Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace among those with whom He is pleased!”
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,